From October 10th through the 20th Vermonters for a New Economy will be hosting a series of events across the state of Vermont celebrating and increasing the awareness of the New Economy. There are many events lined up for that week including speakers, music, food, open space for discussion, dancing, workshops, and more!
A link to the calendar for the week can be accessed here. We are still adding events to the calendar, so keep checking back to see what's happening!
Also, if you or someone you know is interested in hosting or participating in an event for New Economy Week, feel free to contact us! We want this to be as inclusive as possible and get as many events on the calendar as we can.
Some highlights for the week include:
- Lunch at the Libraries with Michael Shuman, author of Local Dollars, Local Sense, at 12:00pm on October 11, and a Happy Hour at UVM with Michael Shuman, Bruce Seifer, and 350VT at 5:00 on October 11. Michael will be at Kellogg Hubbard Library in Montpelier, and will be videoteleconferenced to libraries in Arlington, Bradford, Brattleboro, Burlington, Lyndonville, Middlebury, Morrisville, Newport, Rutland, St. Albans, Williston, and Woodstock. The Happy Hour will be free of charge, with food provided, and live music from the Bumping Jones!
- New Economists Dance! Old Labor Hall in Barre, October 12th, 7:00. Click here for ticket information.
- New Economy Nights in several towns around the state - click the drop down menu above (next to New Economy Week) for more information.
- Measuring What Matters with Gus Speth, author of America the Possible: Manifesto for the New Economy and Dean of Vermont Law School.
- Fixing the Future; a film about the New Economy by David Brancaccio at Chandler in Randolph, VT, October 17. (see http://fixingthefuture.org/)
- Coops Democratizing the Economy on October 15 in Burlington.
- World Cafe on the New Economy in Cabot at 7:00 on October 18th.
- Open house at Headwaters Ecovillage in Cabot, VT on October 19 and 20.
- Info nights, music, and dancing throughout the week and across Vermont.